Kickstarterz Sports Let’s Dance Together
As part of Kickstarterz Sports ethos we are passionate about getting children and their families active.
So when we had to close our doors due to covid -19 we felt that we needed to reach out and continue this.
As we know the importance of not just physical wellbeing but mental healthtoo.
In this post we wanted to share one of those videos, this one is a simple yet fun Dance activity that is easy to follow and do anywhere in your home.
From Baby shark to time warp, there really is something for everyone.
So let’s dancetogether.
All the videos we did were done live, no fancy gimmicks, no professional editing, just raw and real.
At Kickstarterz we understand family values and the need to be able to make our activities suitable for all.
As a company we felt it was important to portray this on the videos, mistakes and all.
By using everyday items you can find in your house and can be done anytime and anywhere our family and childrens activities are suitable for all.
(Before undertaking any physical activity, please consult your doctor to make sure you are fit and well enough).
Please note we don’t have the rights to any music used in our videos.
To view and dance along to our video please click our Youtube link here.
Please subscribe so you don’t miss out on any future children and family activities we do.
Benefits of Dancing
Besides the fact that dancing is a fantastic way to burn off lots of energy and is great fun. We want to share with you other key benefits and attributes.
Dancing can be a way to stay fit for people of all ages, shapes and sizes. It has a wide range of physical and mental benefits including:
- improved condition of your heart and lungs
- increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness
- increased aerobic fitness
- improved muscle tone and strength
- weight management
- stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- better coordination, agility and flexibility
- improved balance and spatial awareness
- increased physical confidence
- improved mental functioning
- improved general and psychological wellbeing
- greater self-confidence and self-esteem
- better social skills.
As you can see from the points above, dancing has so many benefits.
At Kickstarterz we incorporate music and dance into so many of our physical activities, as children learn and engage better this way.
Types of dance
There are many styles of dance to choose from, each with its own attractions. Popular styles of dancing include:
- Ballet – mostly performed to classical music, this dance style focuses on strength, technique and flexibility.
- Ballroom dancing – this involves a number of partner-dancing styles such as the waltz, swing, foxtrot, rumba and tango.
- Belly dancing – originating in the Middle East, this dance style is a fun way to exercise.
- Hip-hop – performed mostly to hip-hop music, this urban dance style can involve breaking, popping, locking and freestyling.
- Jazz – a high-energy dance style involving kicks, leaps and turns to the beat of the music.
- Pole dancing – has become increasingly popular as a form of exercise. It involves sensual dancing with a vertical pole, and requires muscle endurance, coordination, and upper- and lower-body strength.
- Salsa – involving a mixture of Caribbean, Latin American and African influences, salsa is usually a partner dance and emphasises rhythms and sensuality.
- Square-dancing – a type of folk dancing where four couples dance in a square pattern, moving around each other and changing partners.
- Tap dancing – focuses on timing and beats. The name originates from the tapping sounds made when the small metal plates on the dancer’s shoes touch the ground
With so many different types of dance out there it’s easy to find one that is perfect for your own individual taste.
Lets Get Moving
Are you still reading?
What are you waiting for? Hit this link and let’s get moving together.
We want to try and get the nation moving so feel free to share with your friends and family and lets get moving together.
We would love your feedback on this and any of our other activities (we will post a new one every Sunday)
Get inspired, get your dance shoes on and lets get moving. #kickstarterzdanceathon
Stay safe, take care and see you on the dancefloor.
For some different activities to do at home please see our 7 activities for children and families to do at home. With some fantastic activities including, scavenger hunts, obstacle courses and of course dancing.